Saturday, February 05, 2005

Placements...Assignments...and Home!

Blogging after a loooonggg time!!!

Feb 2nd and 3rd were placement days for SPJIMR. Infact it was just Feb2nd ;-))
I had not volunteered to work for Placement because of GASP...but then on 1st..I spoke to Mohit and volunteered. That was a good decision!!!

Was a running CoCo for Satyam. I must say I learnt a lot from Placements here!!!

1. Companies care a damn for CGPA ( except probably a few)
2. Salary bargaining almost resembles bargaining at 'burma bazar' in Bangalore.
3. People end up getting multiple offers.
4. If you are the last person, yet to be placed, then you are damn lucky because companies wait for you!!!
5. All talks about Focus, Dream company goes for a toss during placements.

Assignment : I definetely dont like the way QM is being taught here! but this assignment on MDA was a good one!!! For the first time we(group 24) learnt the importance of framing correct questions!!! stayed up till 3AM and again worked from 7AM to finish off the assignment!!

1st year is coming to an end....we are soon gonna be home!!!! Home is always the best place to be in! I dont really know if it is the same for all...but I am away from home for the past 14 years!!!!!
from 19th august 1991 - when I joined Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in 6th standard - till date....I am away :( Home is always special for me!!!

Cheerio,
KSP.

1 Comments:

Blogger SiteAdmin said...

hey prashanth.. gr8 blog...
cud u post in more info on the kind of jobs offered by various companies(e.g. wht satyam offered) & the pay package...
PS: wud b coming to SP to attend the SMIA'05.

February 09, 2005 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home